D600 . AF in tungsten light

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
imac2001
Contributing MemberPosts: 509
Like?
Re: Opinions or valuable information?
In reply to Steve Bingham, Feb 9, 2013

I think Steve is right, but if you've had a defective product, it skews your opinion of future products. My D600 probably focused fine, but because my d7000 was off, I really scrutinized the D600. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, but for some reason Nikon's newer AF modules and controls seem like a step in the wrong direction. The d3 system was so highly regarded that it makes you wonder what happened in 5 years...

What we are seeing is the result of a company that mistreated a fairly large group of consumers by denying the existence of any problem. People with legitimate problems were made to feel stupid, and due to Nikon's cryptic repair codes and inconsistent service, they mistrust the brand.

I think the tsunami caused some serious quality problems. Perhaps they lost a critical member of their AF team. Whatever the case, Steve is right, and a lot of these opinions are unfounded. But you don't need a photography degree to know that Nikon's poor response to valid concerns has increased the level of complaint.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow