How good is the original 5D Mark I compared to the 2013 Canon's?

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
plevyadophy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,250Gear list
Like?
Re: Analogy takes thread way off topic
In reply to jayrandomer, Feb 9, 2013

jayrandomer wrote:

Discussing the 5D naming conventions was already off topic. Now it has nothing to do with cameras. For those who care, sorry.

plevyadophy wrote:

Oh gosh!

I am now going to attempt to humiliate myself in public!

I learnt this years ago, so let me have a stab at remembering the difference between velocity and speed.

Is it, velocity measures "the rate of change" and speed is the measurement of distance travelled over a period of time? Have I got that right, or do I need remedial classes in basic physics?

Sort of. Speed is the rate at which an object changes it distance, sort of like what you said. Velocity is like speed but has a direction. In mathematical terms, velocity is the derivative of position with respect to time (giving a vector) and speed is the magnitude of velocity.

A cute video

OK, cool. Thanks for that. Loved the cute video.

And from your given definition and accompanying cute video it appears that I confused the definition of acceleration with that of velocity. So yep, I did need remedial classes in physics.

Of course this now probably means that my camera doesn't have an ISO "SPEED" unless of course the camera is travelling with me; and the Canon 5D is as fast as any other camera. {giggles}

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ThatNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow