PORTRAIT
Contributing MemberPosts: 753Gear list
Like?
Re: Cant wait....
In reply to SpeedyGonzalys, Feb 8, 2013

SpeedyGonzalys wrote:

PORTRAIT wrote:

SpeedyGonzalys wrote:

... I tried to shoot inside the store at full zoom with both, in AUTO MODE,in typical fluorescent dim light environment, well the P510 is true, hesitate a little more locking focus comparing the SX50, but when it did, the O.S. and I.Q. was better than the SX50 at ISO 1600, (I actually could not believe how sharp and clear the pic came out from the P510 comparing the SX50 looked more fussier with less details..) at the least on my eyes..(Note I owned a DSLR/DSLT, I know what I'm talking about..)

Cheers

Cant wait, to see those pictures you took,

you surely have no problem placing them here do you??

Hi Speedy Gonzales,

No, i would not have problem to post them, I simply did not have any memory card handy with me at that time, not sure if the sales man would allow me to use one either..Why..

Cheers.

-- hide signature --

Marco
SONY SLT A55
NIKON P 6000
CANON A80
Photography= Art & Tech.
http://marcoimages.blogspot.com/

Hello PORTRAIT,

Why? well, i think that we can all learn from pictures in all kind of enviroments.

I personaly NEVER leave home without my chest pocket cam, AND a extra Sd 32Mb card, for 2 reasons:

WHEN, im in a store (just like you) because i see a "intresting" cam or wanna do some research, i ask the sales person if its oke that i put my card in it and take some test shots.

Sofar, this was NEVER refused to me, some sales ppl even like the idea, and we take test shot together from the same angle with 2 cams at the same time :),

this is the way i keep track of the IQ and handling of new cams compared to my present (chest) cam's

2nd reason, sometimes i see a person taking a shot, that i think could be intresting from composition OR from that persons brand/type of cam.

Than i ask that person if he mind taking those shots again, on MY card, so i can examine/ compare the shots at home, and yes, i even made a local photography friend that way

Mostly, the one that is holding/owning the cam, should now better how to control the cam,

than the person who holds it 10 minutes in a store, but that is my opinion.

But yes, there are also PLENTY... PLENTY ppl out there who buy/select a cam because they like the colour, or MP or ZOOM, and are not realy into photography (as i again recently noticed on a brand new Dutch hightech patrol marine schip)

So, IF.. you had a Sd card with you, and used it, we could all see what was going on,

(ps: how did you check the quallity of the pics?? on the little lcd?? or did the sales person let you put them on a screen??)

and above all whát we are talking about concerning IQ, ISO1600, and indoor light ( kelvin accuracy) and more important, BEFORE you take that wonderfull picture.... the ACCURATE FOCUS, that is the START of a good picture, without that... well, you know what i mean.

After that, only TASTE stayes behind, some ppl like lions with the colour of a teddybear, or black/white zebra's where the white is not white but pink-ish, or instead of orange they make it more red, etc etc,

but that is all TASTE, and we ALL now, we can NOT argue about that.

I -personaly- would HATE it if my pictures are not corresponding (or get close to) the reality.

If i show you a picture of a chinese waterflower, you can bet that when YOU see that flower in real life, you will recognize it as "heyyy, thats the flower SpeedyGonzales "showed

and not when you see that flower in real life, that you think

"pfff that must be a close to dead flower because i have seen more popping-vivid (+5 lol) coloured example on DPR.

I wish you alot of good pictures and situations worth taking a picture from,

cheers,

Hi Speedygonzales,

Ok, Just to clarify the matter, I did NOT go in the store for the purpose of a scientific comparison between 2 specific cams Canon sx50 & Nikon P510 (again I wasn't sure they would allow me to try both cams with personal SD card anyway, then I chose AUTO MODE for both cams..,and as I said the FOCUS locked on both cams, with the difference,that Canon, both at full zoom, indoor light type environment, was slightly quicker than the P510 to my eyes, and yes the ISO chosen for both cams was 1600...), having said that, what I was just expressing here was ONLY MY OPINION (you are free to disagree of course..) so for the scientific test may be it will be for the next time .

I wish you alot of good pictures and situations worth taking a picture from,

Likewise mate..

Cheers.

-- hide signature --

Marco
SONY SLT A55
NIKON P 6000
CANON A80
Photography= Art & Tech.
http://marcoimages.blogspot.com/

PORTRAIT's gear list:PORTRAIT's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P6000 Sony SLT-A55 Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 Canon PowerShot A710 IS Canon PowerShot A80 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow