First ever product photo

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
24Peter
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,008
Like?
Re: First ever product photo
In reply to rekomaged1, Feb 8, 2013

Can't see the photos (have you deleted them?), but the EXIF data remains. I can say I wouldn't shoot studio product shots @ ISO800 with any camera, esp. a 7D. When the photos are back up, will give more substantive comments.

EDIT: they can be seen on the gallery page. I won't comment on the food shot as I don't do that. On the nail polish, I think this is a good start. Check your white balance (looks a little warm on my screen). The lighting is pretty flat but passible. Make sure the product is square to the camera - right now it is turned camera right. Also, your lighting is creating a shadow thru the glass behind the letters of the label. This is distracting and should be minimized. Finally, a lot of commercial product shots are realized in the editing. Things like straightening the label, unform liquid within the glass, removing reflections on the glass, etc, are de rigueur. You're off to a good start with some things to consider for next time...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow