d5200 is as good as the d600!

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Mannypr Veteran Member • Posts: 3,363
Re: Who cares...

At low Iso the D40 might even have an advantage having those great big buckets that suck up light in great quantity , the less pixels the bigger they are , and the bigger they are more light gathering ability they have with less distortions. It would be indeed interesting to see a camera with those big sensors with up to date electronics available today that are capable of eliminating noise without softening details and changing colors.

Don't get me wrong. I sure the D5200 is a great camera and indeed it might even be the igual of some FF , but that does not mean cameras from the near past can't give you photos that are as good as the ones from the D5200 . Thats the reason we have to go to 100% magnification in order to see most of the differences between them . At normal sizes those differences evaporate . And by the standards we have had for quite some time now you can get pretty big photos even with 10 MP cameras .

PS...I'm 20 / 20 with my glasses on so I don't think I am blind , just practical and realistic.

Mannypr's gear list:Mannypr's gear list
Canon PowerShot A640 Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow