Started Feb 8, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jojo81
Regular MemberPosts: 119Gear list
Like?
Rookie mistake, any way to fix it now?
Feb 8, 2013

So I was out with the new camera a few weeks back and just as i was packing up due to some rain, i spotted this mushroom and liked how it had split showing all the structure inside, and wanted a quick test of the macro capabilities of the lens.  I rushed the shot as it was raining (and my photo buddy was keen to get out of there as his camera isn't weather sealed) and didn't notice the the ISO was set on auto and from the rear screen couldn't see how much noise was in the image.  Is there any way of getting rid of the noise once it is there, would a RAW file help in this (or any other) case. I know that having the RAW is generally beneficial for post processing but i forgot to hit the correct button on the camera to save it for this shot. (i'm set up to save a RAW and JPEG from every shot now!) i have essentially zero knowledge of post processing but i'm willing to learn. All i have software wise is GIMP and a RAW file converter for GIMP.

macro mushroon in a blizzard! For Play

TL:DR  should i just bin the image or is there a way of salvaging it from the noise, should i re-post this in a different forum, I'm a beginner, this seemed like the best place.

jojo81's gear list:jojo81's gear list
Pentax K-30 Sigma 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +2 more
ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow