Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 26,554Gear list
Like?
Re: Same with me!
In reply to Vittorio Fracassi, Feb 8, 2013

Vittorio Fracassi wrote:

Compliments, Vittorio

PS adressed to Bob: do you use F0.95 often or do you take advantage of the stellar resolving power at slower settings? difficult to tell from the DOF of the photographs.

At night like this wide open gives more the defined but soft circular halo about the lights.  Stopped down to 1.4 they start to transition from globes to stars, and the overall softness starts to fade as well.   So far the shots that had to be .95 are then affected by necessary NR, so I try to avoid it and seek f1.4-2.0 as much as possible.

But it's time to leave this on during daylight too and start stopping down.   As well, I should shoot the f.95-2.0 at ISO 200 at night to work a clean exposure for comparisons.   But I'm not carrying tripod right now, and it's too cold to linger out there even with the Cullman Copter. . . but it's due.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow