Nocton at Night

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 26,922Gear list
Like?
Dang your eyes!
In reply to Surefoot, Feb 8, 2013

Surefoot wrote:

Distracting from your usual very moody and interesting shots (i'm a fan, let's get this straight), the 1 and 3 are so very slightly crooked to the left !!! And this is just enough to be disturbing.

My condolences for being also so affected (or is it afflicted?) [g].

You nailed it on the dome, I was having trouble with it but didn't give it the time it needed.   Rather than starting over I pushed it and. . . I thought I could get away with it.   [snap!]

Now with the the alley, my recollection was that the building lines aren't all 'level'.   I toyed with this a lot, and for some reason this felt the most right.  While this was through an iron gate, the impression was it looks clean, well lit, and safe enough.  But still I'd be leery to check out the dead end if I could.  Is that neatly covered materials back there, or a man's shelter?   And I think for that the skewed perspective (even the lay of the top step) adds subtle tension over it all.   I didn't see it all this way, I just took it.   But since, I've been wondering why this pleased me, so I've spent some time dwelling on it.

Of course, you thew the gauntlet down so I must go back and give it another once over, too [g].

I much appreciate the observation.  

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow