HS50EXR available on Mar 10, 2013 in the US!

Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
isb_deep
Regular MemberPosts: 163
Like?
Re: Well. then.......
In reply to Nightwings, Feb 8, 2013

Nightwings wrote:

isb_deep wrote:

I am not that keen on samples now. Got a word back from a Fuji rep in New Zealand and this is what she had to say :

"Unfortunately there is no image quality improvement with the new sensor.

If you are wanting to get a better image quality, we would suggest you upgrade to the XS-1.

.... if what you're saying is accurate.. and if the source is accurate, then I don't have my hopes up that the HS50 will come with superior glass than what is found in the HS30.

Glass first and foremost is the foundation of a clear sharp image. imho. The sensor behind it plays a close secondary role... but a secondary role non the less. Things like noise control... pixel resolution.. etc. But the glass in my opinion is the ultimate arbitrator of a crisp clear sharp picture.

While I acknowledge The HS series for superior low light capability when shot under appropriate settings .... I can not endorse the glass as being anything other than mediocre when it is put up against the FZ150's, P510's of the world. I am really REALLY hoping the HS50 will somehow pull off a miracle by putting a nice S100fs type sharp lens. (fingers crossed).

-- hide signature --

Nikon AF - One Shot ..... One Kill

Well, I would consider the source to be accurate. I am not sure of the information itself though, but we shall know only when we hear from someone who actually has the camera in hand. To dispel your doubts here is what I received as a response:

To be fair, she IS the marketing manager, it could always be possible that she is just trying to sell the XS-1

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LTZNew
TimNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow