Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bernie Ess
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,908Gear list
Like?
EVF of X-Pro-1 and X-E1 compared?
Feb 8, 2013

I entered the X- World some 3 weeks ago with the X-E1, going for the cheaper, lighter packet bundled with a zoom everyone sings their praise about.

After the first 1500 images (a rough guess) I state the following:

1. Since I got the Fuji X, I did not touch my DSLR once, not for my fast moving daughter, let alone static outside scenes.

2. I tend to use the rear LCD more than the EVF - and this leads me to my question:

I did not notice this phenomenon on my Nex-7 (sold now), but looking through the EVF on my Fuji, I never get a real feeling for the scene. I have almost difficulty to estimate whether the scene will give a nice photo or not. When I see a nice scene, like let's say something simple like the sun shining through the branches of a winter tree with a nice play of light, contrast and color, in the EVF the scene doesn't look the same. Much worse, tonality, colour and natural contrast are lost. Rear LCD being more more natural.

What does work however is checking focus accuracy with the viewfinder loupe/ magnification.

So the question is: Is the EVF in the X-Pro 1 precise enough to allow for exact focussing?

And are the framelines in the OVF precise enough to more or less get the shot I want?

If yes, I'll probably change the X-E1 for an X-Pro 1. I just want to really see the scene I am going to shoot,the X-Pro 1 would do the 2 things for me I prefer:

Show me a natural preview of the scene I am going to shoot (OVF), and in other cases, a better LCD image if that is needed, the X-Pro1 LCD being better in resolution...

Thanks,

Bernie

Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow