First time shooting in studio w/model and looking for professional critique (2 pic.)

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Photos thread
DecibelPhoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 655
Like?
Re: First time shooting in studio w/model and looking for professional critique (2 pic.)
In reply to DDMITR, Feb 8, 2013

I will assume the color casts are intentional (although why don't they match between the two pics...)

The work is very nice, especially for a first effort (even for a 5th or 6th).  The largest thing that jumped out to me was where the lighting placed the visual emphasis in both photos.  The lighting patterns and direction are good, but particularly in the second photo the thigh is quite a bit brighter than the face, which means most of my attention goes straight to there.  Is that where you want people to look?

Generally in a photo where the model is looking straight into camera the lighting emphasis should be placed on the face.  I would recommend using a net to partially flag and knock down some of the light hitting the body, or simply burning the face in a little in LR or PS.

Overall very good work.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow