Canon 6D - Most versatile landscape camera ever made.

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
nedelcho
Regular MemberPosts: 353
Like?
Re: Canon 6D - Most versatile landscape camera ever made.
In reply to Dave Luttmann, Feb 8, 2013

The 6d accepts Nikon lenses? Really? so by this you mean it has the Nikon mount instead of EF?

noise in live view? What noise?

ummm...the D800 has it. Are you sure you've even held a D800? You can adjust the focus with the Nikon

The nikon is slow and cumbersome? It's faster than my D700 in my comparisons...so I'm not sure what tou'rs one about.

So let's discuss one by one.

1. Every Canon camera, accepts Nikon and many more brands lenses with an a adapter. There is even an adapter for Nikon lenses on Canon, that you can change the aperture. What is more important, that you can focus these lenses to infinity without an optical element in the adapter. So this is huge advantage in the Canon bodies. If you want to use m42 lenses on the Nikon you have to use an adapter with optical element which defeats the purpose (you loose quality).

2. The live view implementation in Canon bodies is in every way better than Nikon's. There is working Exposure simulation and it is working (showing correct preview) down to 5-6 or more seconds in live view. You can preview all parameters including picture style, WB, DOF and image brightness in real time without any delay. When you "zoom in" live view the image is clean and sharp almost the same as you see it latter on the computer when you "zoom in" to 100% (actual size).

On the Nikon it is not as good. The preview on the LCD, when you "zoom in" is pixelated (interpolated) and you can not judge the precise manual focus that well. The exposure simulation (a first for Nikon) works only down to 1/30 (I'm not 100% sure of that) and when you get below that, the preview is amplified more and there is more noise and it is not accurate enough.

3. Yes, the D800 is slower than 6D, you can not deny it. It is pretty obvious when you use them side by side.

Don't get me wrong. Nikon makes very capable cameras, but in some areas they always lag behind Canon. And it is normal. Canon makes their own sensors and maybe manages to test (develop) them better in their bodies. And don't even get me started about the electronic first curtain (there is none in Nikon cameras), which is vibration free.

So speak more carefully about misinformation, because you spreading it too.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow