Why is EVF a negative thing?

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Answell
Contributing MemberPosts: 958Gear list
Like?
Re: Why is EVF a negative thing?
In reply to john farrar, Feb 8, 2013

From the answers that each of you are giving to the OP, it would seem that you are all trying to convince yourself that EVF is the new and better way. In my opinion, there is no EVF as yet that can match the OVF of most DSLRs. When I put my D300s to my eye, and then my Sony A65, there is no question that OVF by far exceeds the quality of EVF. Maybe this will not be the case in the near future, but for now , this is how it is. On the other hand, what I have experienced so far is that the Sony A65  phase-detection AF is very fast ... spectacular , and the live-view function it offers is unmatched ,and so for me I personally use the LCD when I can, and only use the EVF when it is not convenient. I am not trying to disagree with the answers that most of you have given for there is a vast difference between the EVF of the A65, A77 compared to the A57 which I also had for a brief moment. I hardly ever wanted to look through the viewfinder of the A57 as I felt it was like tunnel vision. I might end up sounding like the bad guy here, but facts are facts for what it is worth.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow