HELP: Olympus Zuiko 50mm 1.8 vs. MD Rokkor 50mm 1.4 (aka didn't expect to win both eBay bids)

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
kuuan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,420Gear list
Like?
Re: HELP: Olympus Zuiko 50mm 1.8 vs. MD Rokkor 50mm 1.4 (aka didn't expect to win both eBay bids)
In reply to Lightshow, Feb 8, 2013

Lightshow wrote:

blakninja wrote:

Question: How many different version (variations) of the Olympus Zuiko is there? I saw OM F, OM G, no OM.. etc

The letter in front of Zuiko I believe refers to the construction.

Versions:(As a general rule)

There are silver nose (Not Multi Coated)

G Zuiko (Not Multi Coated)

Zuiko & Zuiko MC (Multi Coated)

Note: Some of the fast lenses were MC before the others.

I'm not sure what optical changes took place.

ok, I will be more precise. from what it says on the name ring and looks, there are 6 versions:

1: "F.Zuiko Auto-S 1:1,8 f=50 mm M-System" has socalled 'silvernose' ( silver rimmed filter thread )

2: "F.Zuiko Auto-S 1:1,8 f=50 mm OM-System" also has silvernose

3: "F.Zuiko Auto-S 1:1,8 f=50 mm OM-System" no 'silvernose', next versions neither

4: "Zuiko MC Auto-S 1:1,8 f=50 mm"

5: "Zuiko Auto-S 1:1,8 f=50 mm", like all the earlier versions some still have the serial number on the name and it says "Japan" on the bayonet ring, some opposite, say "Japan" on the name ring and the serial number first time is printed on the bayonet ring

6: "Zuiko Auto-S 1:1,8 f=50 mm Made in Japan", serial number is on bayonet ring

1 through 3 have 6 elements in 5 groups and have single coating

3 through 6 have new lens design, 6 elements in 4 groups and have MC multi coating

supposedly some of 2) and 3) already have MC, even though they don't say so, and some in 3) already have the new 6/4 lens design

reference: http://www.olypedia.de/Zuiko_Auto-S_1:1,8/50_mm

photos mostly taken with manual lenses on Sony NEX5N, Pentax K-x and *istDs: http://flickr.com/photos/kuuan/

kuuan's gear list:kuuan's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Pentax *ist DS Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow