Panasonic 100-300 or ......?

Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 31,927Gear list
Like?
Re: Viewfinder!
In reply to peppermonkey, Feb 8, 2013

peppermonkey wrote:

I haven't gone to any safari's myself but I would imagine it would be very bright there. Some people have already mentioned this but I think it bears mention again. If you are going to spend all that money to go on a safari, then you should also invest in a camera that has or can have a viewfinder! Because otherwise there is a good chance that bright sunlight will make it really hard to see what you are taking a photo of via viewing the back LCD screen.

I don't know how good these are since I have never used one but another option is to get those LCD viewfinder cover thingies. Basically a hood for your LCD display that you can attach to the back of your camera. Sorry, don't know what they are called but any camera store should have it.

Personally I would just go with a camera that has a viewfinder if at all possible. Last resort would be that LCD hood/shade thing.

That's a great idea ... the shades by people like Delkin etc are around 20 bucks and would help a great deal.

The hoods that create a real EVF experience are much more money, and close enough in price to a G3 body at BHPhoto or KEH to make the latter a much better choice.

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow