GX1– still a good buy in 2013?

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,455Gear list
Like?
Re: GX1– still a good buy in 2013?
In reply to thetrystero, Feb 8, 2013

thetrystero wrote:

How does/will it compare with the eos m or any other potential m4/3 coming out this year?

I'm not sure how the gx2 would be priced but I assume out of reach for at least 6months.

The gx1 twin kit lens can be had for a little under usd$500 (converted from aussie dollars) which is round about my budget.

The two things I don't like about the gx1 is the lack of 180 swivel (lots of self cam) and low res LCD. Can I correct these two flaws with anything that's in the same price range?

It is still a good choice and will be a good camera for a long time, the GX1 has a very pleasant form, and a good built. Image quality is good and easy to use. You may also consider the EPL5.

But there are more candidates.

The GX2 from what I have read is a bit delayed, maybe Panasonic Lumix want to launch this camera with a new sensor. The GX1 now is a good buy, as the prices have dropped.

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Aleo Photo Site

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow