Canon 6D - Most versatile landscape camera ever made.

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
allari
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Re: Canon 6D - Most versatile landscape camera ever made.
In reply to Johan01, Feb 8, 2013

an interesting review, Johan. I will have to take a look at the 6D.

I recently switched from Canon 5D2 to Nikon D800 but am also considering switching back to Canon. The D800 was a bit disappointing and I share some of your critics, such as the cracking noise and vibration of the shutter (which makes getting sharp images more difficult) and the horrible Live View implementation, which alone is almost a deal breaker for me.

The shutter vibration is such that, to give an example, I had to stop taking multiple panorama shots with the camera in vertical position, and only use it horizontally, where it is more stable.

I have to add that, for some reasons, my D800's sensor collected in just 2 months more dust (or whatever it is) than the 5D2 did in 3 years. I suspect that the self cleaning system is less effective.

I have been spending the last week thouroughly testing the camera and lenses to identify the weak spots and correct them. Not nice.

What has prevented me to switch back until now is the fact that the D800, despite its flaws, has a real advantage over Canon's cameras in the dynamic range and resolution compartments (according to my tests, my best lenses still outresolve the 36mp sensor). However, I will take the 6D into consideration for a direct comparison.

Regards

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow