How good is the original 5D Mark I compared to the 2013 Canon's?

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Senior MemberPosts: 9,794Gear list
Like?
Re: So basically, a pretty decent camera for £300, considering what £300 buys you in other camera's
In reply to XA4, Feb 8, 2013

XA4 wrote:

You won't regret it. I bought a 5D last weekend (only cost me 420 Euro) and I was very impressed by the IQ compared to my Sony NEX 5n. At first I only bought the 50mm f1.4 but because of the good results I already invested in a 24-105mm f4 (very sharp zoomlens).

Even at ISO 3200 you will get a pleasant kind of grain/noise that still gives you nice results after some post processing.

sometime just digout old 5D photos and re-processed to give new life. I have tons of them processed earlier by DPP and need to find a time to import and reprocess in LR4. they are still good by today's standard.

two straight from 24-105L point and shoot w/o using any filters.

BTW, people are embracing two feet blizzard snow (3 ft in Boston area) in my area (southern CT) from this morning to tomorrow afternoon. I really miss tis sub-tropical paradise, Bahama 

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ThatNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow