Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
String
Senior MemberPosts: 1,366Gear list
Like?
Re: OM-D, Lightroom 4 and Telephoto - with apologies
In reply to VinceC, Feb 8, 2013

VinceC wrote:

Thanks for the replies so far, but:

Apology - the lens I am interested in is the 40-150 range, not 14-150 as I said. My options seem to be: Oly 40-140, Panasonic 45-150 (light,small, metal mount) or Panasonic 45-200 (attractive zoom range, not too heavy - but mixed user reviews). If anyone has any experience of these, especially with an OM-D and Lightroom, it would be great to hear.

Not a fan of the kit lens myself and I've never used the glass your thinking about however if you are looking for a telephoto option (and I'm assuming the 35-100 is not under consideration) have you thought about the Panny 100-300? It is reasonably priced and a pretty decent lens, although not real fast.

Re the camera profile - I cannot change this from "Adobe Standard". I don't understand what is happening here.

That is correct; the "profile" is embedded in the raw file; it's not like Nikon where you have multiple profiles. I actually like the Adobe Standard on the raw files as I find the skin tons pretty accurate and much easier to get "real" than from the Nikon raw files.

-- hide signature --

Best regards
Vince C

String's gear list:String's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow