Why is EVF a negative thing?

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Draek
Senior MemberPosts: 2,028Gear list
Like?
Re: Why is EVF a negative thing?
In reply to Alphabart, Feb 8, 2013

Because some people prefer OVFs. It's much like how some people prefer fixed screens, which allow for thinner bodies, others prefer tiltable screens, which are permanently aligned with the lens, and other prefer screens with full swivel, to shoot from whatever angle they feel like it---it's a personal thing.

Me, I much prefer EVFs, particularly (but not solely) due to the advantage that often goes hand-in-hand with them: lack of the sharpness-killing, annoyingly loud mirror slap. But, so long as they don't behave like some of the worst users of this forum, trashing anything that's not their preferred form of shooting as "obviously inferior" or that anyone who prefers EVFs must be "too inexperienced to realize the truth", I've no problem with OVF proponents and wish them luck in whatever system they choose to employ---even the Alpha system, if its other advantages prove too attractive to give up, or they can get a hold of enough spare A900 bodies on the 'bay.

Draek's gear list:Draek's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Samsung TL500 Canon PowerShot A1200 Sony Alpha DSLR-A390
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow