Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lollavidlollavid
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Thinking about switching from Tamron 17-50 2.8 non VC to 15-85 + 30mm f/1.4
Feb 8, 2013

I own a T3i with a couple lenses. I think I am now at the point where I have a better idea of what I want due to increased experience regarding lenses. I am about to drop about $400 upgrading and have also been considering whether or not I should because of a possible future move to full-frame. The lenses I am thinking about (Canon 15-85 and Sigma 30mm f/1.4) only work on crop sensors. This would be to replace my Tamron 17-50mm non-VC 2.8.

Iif anyone has input about the switch, I'd be glad to hear. I basically think the 2.8 isn't quite getting it done indoors (especially for videos) so I need a faster lens. Once I have that, I don't see myself needing the speed of the Tamron and would prefer the focal range of the 15-85. I also own a Tamron 70-300 for the long end and don't think I need an ultrawide (but the 15mm would be nicer than my current 17).

I have the 430ex ii to compensate for speed indoors and the 1.4 would help a lot with videos and for bokeh/ effects indoors.

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow