Contributing MemberPosts: 762Gear list
Like?
Re: Really like Sigma’s 35 1.4 Art Line Series
In reply to ADMint, Feb 8, 2013

ADMint wrote:

oilman010101 wrote:

ADMint wrote:

oilman010101 wrote:

How is phase detect AF on the left and right outermost points?

I don't know, I just know the camera and lens works without issue, and the lens is sharp.

-- hide signature --

New to this forum, not to forums!

So how do you know it works without issue if you haven't checked? The outer focus points are really useful for portraits at f1.4, where the subject is often composed off center. Many of us are seeing really bad backfocus on the outer points with this lens and a D800/e, at widest aperture. Just wondering if yours does the same.

I let my lying eyes tell me what I care about. And from my vantage point in those images posted, I'm quite happy with the results.

Will I get some bad shots with the lens, probably, but that can be said about every lens out there. At any rate I trust I'll get way more good than bad. And as I said, for what I do, the lens seems to work for me as it is extremely sharp.

Sorry but if you want tests and charts, look elsewhere as I'm not interested in that sort of thing. I'm more interested in real world performance, and thus far, the Sigma delivers beautifully.

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

New to this forum, not to forums!

Better to test a lens thoroughly while you can still return it.

It would take you two minutes to try out the focus points and could save you hassle down the road.

JakeB's gear list:JakeB's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow