The 2013 Venice Carnival in pictures (OMD EM5)

Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jolly Oly
Contributing MemberPosts: 978Gear list
Like?
The 2013 Venice Carnival in pictures (OMD EM5)
Feb 8, 2013

Last weekend I took my wife and son and we went for a two day trip to Venice, Italy (4 hours drive from our home). We came at Sunday and stayed until Monday afternoon.
At Sunday there was an awful lot of turists (like us) and it was very crowdy - it was almost impossible to move around and take pictures. Anyway I managed to squeeze a few good ones. Monday was more pleasant in that regard. The wather was ok, sunny and warm, very nice for walking around but not too good for shooting.
And Venice is amazing.. it's a photographic paradise. There was also a parade of Nikon and Canon full frame cameras - literally thousands of them. Wherever you look you'll see a yellow-black neck strap or white lens. To my surprise there were at least a dozen OMD's also!
I had with me my OMD with Panny 14 f2.5, 14-45mm and 45-175mm and Olympus 45 f1.8 and 12-50mm lenses. I also had a GF2 as a second body but only took one short movie with it.
The shooting conditions were not ideal to say the least. As I said earlier there was people everywhere and it was very hard to capture a clean image - portrait or something else, without any arms, legs, heads, human shadows or other people lenses in the frame :-).
I shot raw only, to conserve battery and memory card space. I had with me three 8GB, one 16GB and one 4GB memory cards and four batteries. I took around 500 images - used one 8GB card only - and all 4 batteries.
I am a long time Adobe Lightroom user but as I found out, the EM5 RAW files taken in good light are easiest to adjust with Olympus Viewer 2. So all "good light" RAWs (and some others) are processed with OV2 and for those tricky or low light conditions Lightroom is still a King.
Here are a few.
Comments are always welcome!

2. (single exposure)

4. Fabulous Lady enjoying in posing and being shot by photographers.

5. Same with them. Had a hard time to crop out all those white lenses around me.

7. and that dog didn't made a single move !

12. a bit oof but love the colors

-- hide signature --
 Jolly Oly's gear list:Jolly Oly's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +5 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow