Has anyone tried the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 with the Canon 5D Mark iii or 5D Mark ii ???

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
XeroJay
Contributing MemberPosts: 948Gear list
Like?
I have one kicking around...somewhere
In reply to Lyric, Feb 8, 2013

I bought this lens years ago when my main canon lens was giving me error codes on my 20D and I had a destination gig. Maybe my expectations were low, but I remember being very impressed with it, to the point that I bought another tamron after that. I ended up usin it for about a full season or so as my main standard zoom. After that I tried the 24-105, which disappointed me after using the tamron 28-75 for so long. I then went back to canon with the 24-70, which to be honest wasn't really better than the tamron except for on full frame edges. I'm now using the 24-70 II, and it is the holy grail of standard zoom lenses that I was wanting all these years. In the mean time, I still have that old tamron. I don't use it, but it's worth more as a backup/lender than I would get selling it.

Besides the 50 1.8, I think the tamron is about as good a value you'll get for a starter lens, and you'll probably get a lot more mileage out of it that you might think.

And the funniest/most pathetic thing of all? The build quality of the new Canon 24-70 II is pretty much the same as the tamron, especially with regard to the materials used.

XeroJay's gear list:XeroJay's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow