Canon 6D - Most versatile landscape camera ever made.

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Senior MemberPosts: 9,767Gear list
Like?
Re: I'm curious.
In reply to Great Bustard, Feb 8, 2013

Great Bustard wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Glad you like your camera

For anyone is looking for high MP camera, has to wait for another year. It also mentions 5DX?

http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/02/big-megapixel-camera-in-2014/

Here is my upgrade plan. When 1DX II announced, I will sell 5D3 and 1D3 and buy current 1DX in bargain price. Also get 6D II or III with articulated OLE/LCD then for small/light body and hope it also has 14-stop DR so I can pull shadows 6 stops if necessary, kidding. Personally I don't need 46mp but a clean and sharp at pixel level 20-24mp camera.

What would make your 20 - 24 MP camera "clean and sharp at pixel level" that does not currently exist?

I know the theory of the output at the same size. But I still prefer cameras to generate the IQ - clarity, sharpness and cleanness at 100% cropped size or per-pixel basis without having to downsampling. Among the cameras I own I put in this sequence per-pixel level IQ at base ISO - 1D3, 5D1, 5D3/5D2, 60D, S95. I prefer a 20-24mp camera clean and sharp over 46mp one but mushy and noisy at 100% cropped level. I understand 46mp camera is at least as good at the same size output as 24mp one but then 46mp not only is pretty wasted but you have to deal with unnecessary huge files.

To me it's a matter of quality not quantity of pixels.

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow