Can't get old EF 24 f2.8 lens to work on 5D Mark III. Works fine on 5D classic.

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
MM1
MM1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,504Gear list
Like?
Re: Can't get old EF 24 f2.8 lens to work on 5D Mark III. Works fine on 5D classic.
In reply to Clint Bogard, Feb 8, 2013

Clint Bogard wrote:

Question: My new Canon 5D Mark III doesn't want to work with a VERY old Canon EF 24 f2.8 lens. I get an error message along the lines of "communication problem between camera and lens. Try cleaning the electrical contacts." I tried cleaning the electrical contacts and that didn't help. The same lens works fine on my 5+ year old Canon 5D. I'm running 5D Mark III firmware v1.1.3. Any suggestions?

I've scoured the web for a list of EF lenses incompatible with the 5D Mark III - but I found nothing. I think I'm running the latest firmware.

I'm stumped -- I wonder if anyone has any suggestions to get this body+lens combo working.

Thanks,

Clint

Ouch, not good. So far I thought that in general, any EF lens from Canon would work on any EOS camera... I intend to keep my 50/1.8 Mk1. Will have to have the Mk1 tried on friend's 5D3 to see whether they work together.

-- hide signature --
 MM1's gear list:MM1's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow