Started Feb 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lnguyenh
Contributing MemberPosts: 684
Like?
d90 and wedding
Feb 8, 2013

I was asked to shoot a friend's wedding in August. Being aware of the challenge it is to shoot wedding, I warned my friend that if they have lots of expectations for the pictures, they should hire a pro. But well, they insist, so I want to do my best to help them out. I have never shot a wedding, but I am not a beginner photographer, it s been a serious hobby for a while now, and I think I can probably do a better job at it than uncle X with his super camera sitting on its shelf all year long.

My lenses: 35mm 1.8 / 50mm 1.8 / tokina 11-16mm 2.8 / nikon 70-200mm 2.8 VR1/ 18-105mm kit

My body is a d90 and I am a happy strobist with 3 flashes ( with possibility to radio trigger)

I am not worried about the outdoor shots, and the moments when I may use a flash (party). But I have some concern when it comes to the ceremony or other indoor shots when I dont /cant use a flash

gear wise, and not talking about backups do you think :

1) that is fine with what i have. they will be aware of my limitations, and still ask me to do it. So live with it guys !

2) get something like an 18-50 f2.8 (possibly tamron or sigma). Could help low light without flash wise.

3) get a used d700 and 24-70 f2.8 (possibly tamron or sigma)

4) other?

I am always on a budget photography wise, so option 1 is my favorite, or maybe option 2, as it can be quite cheap if I sell my 18-105 and get a used faster tamron or sigma lens, but anyways, I am interested in some thoughts here.

Nikon D700 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow