Upgrading to K-5II - Worth it?

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Questions thread
mlkind
Forum MemberPosts: 70Gear list
Like?
Re: Upgrading to K-5II - Worth it?
In reply to jackie semple, Feb 8, 2013

I just recently upgraded from a k7 to a k5II. I was a little nervous and hoped that the advantages of the k5II made a considerable difference so that I felt my purchase was worthwile.

To be honest, I am SO glad I did. I loved the layout of the k7, ergonomically, it made such perfect sense and I felt familiar with it right away. I tried at the time I got the k7  the d90 and 50d, but they both were not as accessible for me. Confusing really.  I can't imagine getting an unfamiliar camera in FF from another company when the k5II is so good.

To upgrade to the k5II was perfect. It had the same layout, and I must say, the ISO performance is liberating. The focus is better too. My advice would be that if you like the Pentax ergonomically, don't switch brands, upgrade to the K5II. You will be glad you did. It is a huge improvement and you get to keep the same familiar layout which ergonomically can mean the difference between getting the shot and not.

mlkind's gear list:mlkind's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow