Started Feb 8, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Arizona13
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
7D upgrade or stick with 60D?
Feb 8, 2013

I am actually losing sleep over this one.  LOL  Im so stuck what to do.

I've been an SLR owner for several years now.  Started out with the Rebel, then the T1i, then in December I upgraded to the 60D.  I went with the camera/lens bundle at Costco.

And after a few months I am still debating if I made the right choice.  Something just seems off with the camea and I cant put my finger on it.  Or maybe its the mystery of the 7D...lol  As a mom of 3 kids (including a 2 yr old) catching split of the moment pics with manual (which I have been learning along with Raw shooting).  So for fast spur of the moment- run for my camera shots are shot in Auto.  But as the kids age, and I am more comfortable with manual....that will be my future emphesis.

Lenses- I have the orginal that came with my rebel: 18-55 mm, 75-300 mm, a soon to be 50mm portrait lens, and the 18-200mm that came with the camera.  I actually had the older version 28-135 mm lens up till this past summer when it broke and my warrenty ran out a few months before (figures).  I actually LOVED that lens b/c again with kids- when hiking, on vacation, or at home, it was a good anywhere lens that I could use for a variety of subjects.  As juggling lenses and catering to kids is tricking lol.  So i thought the upgraded 18-200 mm would be a good upgrade.  But the lens creep, which I read is normal for that lens, is really driving me crazy.  I know there is a lock on it, but I know Im going to be forgetting about it and miss spur of the moment pics.

So Im wondering if i should go with the 7D instead, gives me a little more range to advance, it has more focal points and its durability.  As I am frequently taking pics of our arizona dust storm and at times I have accidently wacked my old T1i good several times when out hiking in the mountains.  Plus, it comes with the old all in one lens that broke.

Im just so confused on what to do.  I even thought about keeping my T1i for now and just investing in a few more lenses.  But when i picked it up today after being so used to the 60D the past few months, I just didnt like the feel of it.  LOL it felt like an old point and shoot in my hands. .....

For those of you that have the 60D or 7D..... what are your thoughts?  Thanks so much in advance for  your help.  Oh, and btw the camera can be returned no questions asked within 3 months of purchase, so I still have time to bring back the 60 if I choose to go with the 7D.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3) Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow