Going from D800 to D3s..... Am I Crazy??

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ssmumich00
Regular MemberPosts: 413Gear list
Like?
Re: Going from D800 to D3s..... Am I Crazy??
In reply to ALBAS Photography, Feb 8, 2013

ALBAS Photography wrote:

Hey folks,
I've been using a D800 since last year April, but have always struggled a bit in my workflow with the huge files. With the continuously falling memory prices of HDs it's really not too much of a problem, but rather just an inconvenience.
Recently, I had the chance to play around with a friend's D3s. Never really looked into the camera before, but I gotta say that I loved the handling, and the output. So now I've been looking for a good, used D3s and am seriously considering "trading" my D800 for a D3s. I shoot a lot of events (Weddings, Concerts, Festivals, etc.), so a fast workflow and good low-light ability is a major plus for me. I loved the workflow I had with the D700. I have to do a fair bit of traveling for photo gigs as well, so I like the physical size of the D800. Ideally I'd like to have a lower Mpix camera with great low-light ability in a D800 body, but you can't have your cake and eat it too, right?
So do you think it would be a good idea for me to trade in the D800 for a D3s? Or am I just thinking too much?

No, you're smart if you're an event shooter and shoot in low light.

And if you want to AF accurately...the D3 never had the AF module issues the D800 is still plagued with.

-- hide signature --

(w): www.neilphotos.com
(p): www.suneil.net

ssmumich00's gear list:ssmumich00's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow