X100 or S in addition to my OMD

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
El Chubasco
Regular MemberPosts: 205Gear list
Like?
Re: X100 or S in addition to my OMD
In reply to lambert4, Feb 8, 2013

As many people in this thread I also own both cameras. When I am going out or to travel I always debate which one to take with me because I like both a lot. When I switched to m4/3 from Nikon dslr the transition was very smooth. The omd gave me a very similar experience to DSLR with much more features and much less weight. When I got the X100 the story was different. This camera requires much more attention and patience. The X100 requires more time and it's a bit slower in its operation.

Both cameras are fantastic. The image quality, responsiveness, and versatility of OMD due to interchangeable lenses is something I really appreciate. The OMD is a little package of the latest technology, a joy to work with and for many, it has become a professional tool. The involvement while shooting of the X100 does not have comparison. This Fuji is almost a rangefinder, which gives you a totally different way to interact with the camera, on the other hand, it might feel clumsy and the fixed lens might feel limiting.

Once I read that the X100 was good for those who like toys. I think that it is kind of true. If you do, buy the X100 in addition to your OMD. You will love to have both. Just be aware, you might find yourself debating which camera to use and most times that might be a hard decision make. At the end, I always feel that it is a shame that one of them has to stay at home.

El Chubasco's gear list:El Chubasco's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow