Canon 6D - Most versatile landscape camera ever made.

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
The Davinator
Forum ProPosts: 13,034Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 6D - Most versatile landscape camera ever made.
In reply to Johan01, Feb 8, 2013

Johan01 wrote:

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone would get upset that the D800 might be a lesser tool in the right hands. You can always count on some DPR users to avoid reading comprehension and start attacking things that are not true or ever stated.

Upset? No. Just correcting misinformation.

I've given a very thoughtful effort into figuring out what works best in the cases I have given. It's not like I am giving Canon any free pass here. I obviously see the flaws in their design as well.

Where have I mentioned 7D? I said the 5D2 was the loudest POS ever, pretty much and the 6D is just in a whole different league to all previous Canon's (except 5d3) as well as the D800, in reduced shutter noise. My knees make more noise than the 6D.

I even state how bad the 6D autofocus can be in my testing, along with how bad it would be for non-landscape handheld work, like weddings.

I have faith that the reasonable folks who are not blinded by brand loyalty can clearly see how I came to reasonable conclusions.

i cant be blinded by brand loyalty...I use Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Mamiya, Voigtlander, Shen hao, Linhof, etc. I have actually used the 6D a fair bit. i didn't like the cheap feel nor the small size in my hands. At least though, I don't make comments about camera not having MFA when they do.

All you have proven is that you have not tried a Canon 6D. It is very clear I know what the D800 is capable of.

By the way, just to inform you. Nikon lenses can be used on Canon with an adapter.

By the way....most camera brands can use most lenses with an adaptor. Guess you missed that as well. The more you post, it appears the less you actually know. I don't think I would trust any further camera opinion reviews from you...regardless of brand. No offence, but it appears you don't like anyone calling your mistakes into question. I mean seriously...cumbersome? Did you find the camera shutter button difficult to press and take a photo.

As to brand loyalty...my current and past Canon gear is the D30, 10D, 40D (x2), 1Ds, 1Ds2, 1D2, xti, 7D, G3 and sx150is.  How about you?

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow