surprising lack of interest in G5 review

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 7,850Gear list
Like?
I followed the link and read the review with great interest
In reply to Trevor Carpenter, Feb 8, 2013

My only criticism, on reflection, is perhaps idiosyncratic -- it didn’t say quite as much as I would like about JPEG image quality versus that of its competitor, Olympus. It said it was not quite as saturated but i would have liked a little more information.

I'm currently running an E-PL3 and the next step is either the G5 or an E-PL5. I am leaning G5-wards at the moment.

ACTUALLY, AFTER WRITING THIS, I CHECKED BACK -- and found the larger images with lots of color. Ah, that's better (why didn’t i click on those little images before? I'm an idiot!).

Specifically, though, I would have liked to see some skin tones compared. This was one of the weaknesses of the G1 -- a lovely cam in many respects, but I could never get those skin tones right. The dull light pic of the little girl in the plastic playground equipment gives me pause. Far too blue.

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow