Thoughts and updates on DSTE MB-D12 grip?

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Maciej K
Regular MemberPosts: 255Gear list
Like?
Re: Thoughts and updates on DSTE MB-D12 grip?
In reply to Andreas Berglund, Feb 8, 2013

Andreas Berglund wrote:

I'm using 3 DSTE EN-EL18 equivalent batteries in my Original Nikon D800 grip, I have had them for about 4 months.

I have nothing but positives to report. Battery life is great. period. I shot with one of the batteries at Bosque for 3 days, about 3000 shots and there was (a little) juice left. The charger that comes with the batteries charges very slowly (3-4 hours or so) so the battery never gets warm, a good thing, they seem to know what they are doing. The car charger cable is a good bonus. The fit and finish of the batteries is very good, looks professional. The camera display reports how many bars are left but not how many shots exactly are left, I can live with that. It would be the same as having AA in the grip in regards to reporting.

The summary for me is very simple. The original batteries are just way to small and I was carrying 3 with me on all shoots. As soon as you put the camera in live view they went down very quickly, hindering my shooting. The big DSTE batteries have solved my problem, I recommended them to all.

I have not tried DSTE's D800 compatible grip, I do have one for my D700 on order though, can report on it when it comes.

-- hide signature --

Andréas Berglund delapsus resurgam

Thanks Andreas!

Maciej K's gear list:Maciej K's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow