ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NoLastCalls
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Complete Novice: Just bought a V1
Feb 8, 2013

Hello,

I am a complete novice.  All I've owned are Canon Elph point and shoot cameras.  My dad is big on cameras, and he was telling me about the new mirrorless systems.  I was just casually browsing through the internet, and have always wanted a camera that could shoot sports action photos.  One site mentioned the V1 as a possible camera, I saw the price, and I decided to get one on impulse.  After eagerly waiting for a few days for it to arrive, and waiting the extra couple of hours so my battery can charge, I went outside in the snow and snapped this picture at night.  No other camera I previously owned could take a picture like this.  I am very excited about my purchase.  I looked on youtube to try to educate myself on all that lighting stuff like ISO and aperture.  It's all very confusing right now, and I don't know how to change those settings on my camera yet.  I will say that snapchick is entertaining to watch.  Does anyone have any advice on how to educate myself on this stuff?  Should I just go outside tomorrow and start playing around with the settings?  Should I take a class?  Any advice would be appreciated.

Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow