How often do you crop?

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 12,463Gear list
Like?
Re: Photography Class is dismissed
In reply to just Tony, Feb 8, 2013

just Tony wrote:

I'm not sure many take a great composition and chop it up because the mask is cheaper.

I included that thought because image chopping for another external reason has been admitted to at least once in this thread.

There are always some.

I've got three wall hangers I cropped by just using the cropping tool with no rhyme nor reason. I just loved how they looked. In all cases I knew up front I was going to end up with very wide and not so tall prints. They weren't panoramas either. Two are a lot of birds on a roof of an old building and one is dunes in the desert. They were of no possible existing aspect ratio in any camera. Once cropped just the way I'd imagned, I was going to not change them a bit.

It ended up fairly expensive to print then to mask and frame, all being strange custom sizing. These three are some of my favorite image hanging in my home and in my little gallery. The price of printing, matting and framing didn't matter a bit in those cases. Sometimes it does and sometimes it just doesn't. They are around 48 inches long.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig
Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow