How much is reasonable for a hobbyist to spend on camera gear?

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 12,429Gear list
Like?
Re: Impossible
In reply to Leswick, Feb 8, 2013

Leswick wrote:

When it comes to being passionate....the "reasonable" part often does not apply. Too much depends on cash availability (common sense) and the level of photo knowledge. I've seen folk spring up for D3X and their results end up just as good or worse than 'togs that have D300.

Anyway, if you want to sleep on the couch with your new gear...more power to ya :>).

There is no logical way to determine this....too many variables...and once again, agree with Guidenet.

Leswick

Hey pal, I was a single dad of four kids who are all now married and fairly successful. I say successful in that they don't live here and don't need support of any type. LOL. Now, I can spend nearly all I want on photography and fishing gear mixed in with travel. No sleeping on the couch for buying a new fishing rod or lens. Only my retirement funding and I have to worry about it and believe me, I'm worse than the funding. I worry and debate myself to death over a new purchase. I suppose the habit comes from rearing a family by yourself.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig
Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow