Panasonic GH3 Made In China, Am I Being Old Fashioned To Be Disappointed ?

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joel Turcotte
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Panasonic GH3 Made In China, Am I Being Old Fashioned To Be Disappointed ?
Feb 7, 2013

Having bought several Lumix, LX3, TZ3, TZ10, TZ30, FZ200 and had zero problems am I just being out of date to be put off by seeing the underside of GH3 stating Made In China ?

I always expect the top models of bodies and lenses to be Made In Japan, and find it genuinely reassuring.

Though having been through this with AV/Hi-Fi with fairly expensive ( to me ) receivers { Anthem }, thought it was Made In Canada, nope, China, Blu-ray Players { Denon } thought Made In Japan, nope, China, and loudspeakers { KEF } thought Made In England, nope, China, and finally my TV { Panasonic } thought Made In Japan, nope, Czech Republic.....and having experienced no problems....maybe it doesn't matter anymore ?

Even so it seems strange my FZ200 is Made In Japan, and the GH3 is Made In China.

I want one, but its putting me off, am I just out of date, perhaps I'm a dinosaur, harking back to Deep Purple.

Thing is top Canon / Nikon bodies are still Made In Japan, and they must have good reason to forego the cost benefits, no ?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow