Trip to Snowdon with the Omd - crap weather but still a fun day out - images

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
howielenny
Contributing MemberPosts: 752Gear list
Like?
Re: I hate to say it.....
In reply to tedolf, Feb 7, 2013

I have a couple ND filters but they are called "ND" on the filter!

If you've never used one, you have to pre-focus first then change to manual focus (as the filter is so dark it would be extremely dark to focus with the filter on). I used live view and the Omds 'live view' I think it is where you have 24 exposures showing the image build up and that was set to 4 seconds. Then press the shutter button, watch the exposure build up until you think it's right then press the exposure button again to stop it.

Hmmmmm....

The B+W 110 52mm filter is around £45 in the UK, great for any long exposure shot

Four stops seems to work for me for water falls and the like.

Thanks for responding.

Howie

Tedolph

I have two cokin ND filters the ND4 and ND8 (2 and 3 stop) but got the BW110 a while back, works really well for very long exposures not necessarily for waterfalls but can use it for moving clouds. Most waterfalls I aim for 1/8 - 2 seconds but occasionally I'll use the 10 stopper for a different look. Here's one I took with my D7000 using the bw110 and a cokin ND grad which give a magenta look to the clouds. I think the exposure was about 1 minute 15 seconds.
Howie

howielenny's gear list:howielenny's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow