Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Charles Pike
Senior MemberPosts: 1,150Gear list
Like?
Flash mob in Charlotte
Feb 7, 2013

so much for m 4/3 can't stop action.  I saw this coming and was ready for the shot.

These dancers came out of no where and started dancing at the main corner of uptown Charlotte.

One of the parents I talked to told me that they would repeat the flash mob later during the lunch hour.  So, once they had completed their dance, they again disappeared.  Having watched them once, I knew what to expect, and found a better location to shoot the action.

There is an advantage of going back to the same area each week.  You get to know the vendors, and one of them told me that there was going to be this flash mob dancing in uptown Charlotte.  So I waited and out of nowhere they came and danced.  I shot away, and talked to a few of the parents who had come to watch.  They told me that they would repeat the dancing again later during the lunch hour.  I hung around and took more from another advantage point.

I will never have the options that some of you who live in a really big city like N.Y.C. but there is still a lot to see and shoot where ever we live.  You know you don't need to keep buying more and better equipment, what you really need to do is learn how to get the most of what you have and only then move on.

www.photosbypike.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow