Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shuttaperiso
Regular MemberPosts: 111
Like?
Help with Lens Selection for New 6D + New FF User
Feb 7, 2013

I'm having trouble deciding on which lens/lenses to pickup to take full advantage of this new camera. I like to shoot a wide variety of photography. More importantly, I really enjoy portrait, landscape, and macro. I'm not a pro and I don't get paid for any of my work. This is strictly a hobby. I don't print huge photos (although I would like to) and mostly view them on the computer. I'm making the leap from a Sony A77 w/ 16-50 2.8 to FF.

I'm looking for the opportunity to get the best IQ and sharpness while being reasonable about usefulness. It's either between the 24-105L IS f4 + 85mmL f/1.2 together or just the 24-70L 2.8ii by itself. $2,000-2,500 is my price range for lenses. (First 2 are do able because of 24-105 as kit is cheap).  Even though the 24-70 may be slightly sharper than the latter 24-105, is anyone really going to notice?

What would you recommend?

I'll also be traveling to India, Jamaica, and Las Vegas this year.

I appreciate your help and suggestions, usually someone has a point of view that I never thought of and those points are usually extremely helpful in decision making.

-- hide signature --

“ Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." – Henri Cartier-Bresson

Canon EOS 6D Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow