Upgrading to K-5II - Worth it?

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Questions thread
Phixer323
Contributing MemberPosts: 649Gear list
Like?
Re: Upgrading to K-5II - Worth it?
In reply to jackie semple, Feb 7, 2013

Since the II is similiar to the K5 I own, with improved AF, I would say so just for the better usable ISO. And that's not including the AF improvement. If the funds are available, I would upgrade. Of course as soon as you upgrade, there will be an announcement of the next camera!! There have been rumors, but most of them have been recently put to rest. The FF rumor which Pentax has confirmed it is working on has an earliest projection (by us not Pentax) of sometime in 2014. There has been some talk about a new flagship APS-C with the 24mp sensor. Reviews of that sensor in the Sony (because of the SLT technology) have the usable ISO not quite as good as the 16mp sensored DSLR's. Since the K5 is such a solid performer and is a big improvement over the K7, I would go for it (I upgraded from the K10D and it was a lightyear jump!).

Phixer323's gear list:Phixer323's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow