Help with workflow in SPP -- White Balance setting copying

Started Feb 5, 2013 | Questions thread
Arky
Regular MemberPosts: 427Gear list
Like?
Re: Help with workflow in SPP -- White Balance setting copying
In reply to lasm, Feb 7, 2013

lasm wrote:

If you have not done a CWB, it is still not too late if the location is still accessible. Go back there, same lighting same time etc.. take a CWB shot, then you are good to go.. In SPP, the WB setting will be saved in X3F by default and can be used to process other photos taken previously..

Also in mixed lighting, sometimes if you get it right for incandescent, the floresent light will flare up in blue, particularly in specular highlight areas. If the location is indoor, blue usually doesn't figure much, so one cheat is to wb for incandescent, and then in PP remove the blue from the Blue curve in RGB.

HTH.

It would be useful if this were possible, but unfortunately I believe you are wrong.

The color wheel setting can be saved by default but a custom white balance cannot be imported into an X3F after the fact. If I am wrong about this I would be very grateful if you could explain to me how.

Arky's gear list:Arky's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma DP1s Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Sigma SD14 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow