Boys Basketball D600

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
GPapa
Senior MemberPosts: 1,789
Like?
On the weight of the lens . . .
In reply to FrankoManno, Feb 7, 2013

The first time I shot a set of games with the 70-200 f/2.8 I had some thoughts about how it might be a bit heavy for hand holding. My shoulder muscles did get sore before the end of the last game, but I was already committed. I bought the lens for its specifications without giving a thought to ergonomics. I was somewhat alarmed.

The next game, only a couple of days later, I did not get sore. I've been shooting with it for over 7 years now. I'm 61 years old and am admittedly starting to slow down a bit, but I can still shoot a series of games, 600 frames, over a period of 4 hours without a problem.

The biggest problem is, some gyms don't have enough light to use the 70-200 with the f/2.8 limit. But with your D600 and a bit of ISO . . .

If I were you, I would see if I could borrow the 70-200 again and use it in one of the less well lighted gyms and see what you get with the higher ISOs, like at least ISO 6400.

I would really like to see some of those results! Good or bad.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow