Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brian Wadie
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,321Gear list
Like?
Using a Tamron SP 500mm Mirror lens on the EM-5
Feb 7, 2013

After much research I've just got myself the above lens to replace my sigma 400mm APO HSM macro which I was finding to heavy to handle.

I had some trepidation doing this as a previous trial of a sigma 600 mirror on one of my Canon DSLRs was a disaster but the reviews and images for the Tamron looked good and the price was very low

I've only had one proper test shoot (about 400 images) in reasonable light along a local quayside and I have been delighted with the results. I still need a lot more practse to recover my manual focus hand-held techniques and the sensitivity of the focus ring on this lens is insane but despite that I was still able to get some decent BIF shots as well as some static images

I won't waste you time by posting images here as its early days yet but if you want a look then some of them are here:

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com/gallery/tamron-500mm-mirror-lens-images-17212

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow