Finally finished my G15 review

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
panamforeman
Contributing MemberPosts: 868Gear list
Like?
Re: Finally finished my G15 review
In reply to cgarrard, Feb 7, 2013

Carl,

Appreciate your review. I carefully read it with pleasure. No doubt the G15 is the best of the G series cameras. (Maybe?! I still prefer the G10 at ISO 80/100 for "clean shots" )

However, other than the few Cons you listed, which are kind of "Nitpicky", I do have one major gripe with Canon about the Gs. And that is the tiny sensor. Now I don't think the G15's should be as big, or nearly so, as the G1Xs but it surely could stand enlarging to a degree.

At least they didn't stick with the 1/2.3 in the Gs, which is what most of their compacts still have. I've had several of those. They look good aesthetically, but for the most part take terrible pics at anything above ISO 100, and their video is just plain crappy. I buy one or two of those small cameras every year (from different manufacturers, including Canon) hoping for the best, but am always disappointed.

It seems to me that Canon could make a "G" with a larger sensor and not sacrifice camera size or IQ. Every "G" I've owned (and I have owned them all) I've sold. Except for the G3 (beautiful) and the G10. Just sold my G12. I'm keeping the G1X and am hoping for a significantly improved G2.

Based on your critique of the G15, and others as well, I will buy it. Looking for a deal now.

I always look for your posts. They're most entertaining and informative!

panamforeman's gear list:panamforeman's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow