GH3 & 100/300 or Canon 7D 100-400L

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Questions thread
njlarsen
Regular MemberPosts: 261
Like?
Re: GH3 & 100/300 or Canon 7D 100-400L
In reply to AJWales, Feb 7, 2013

AJWales wrote:

I currently have a GH! with 100/300 as my carry about birding camera... I also have a Canon 7D with 500 F4 (way to heavy to carry about but superb combo)... I am debating whether to get a GH3 body to upgrade because the GH1 is too slow to focus, only 3 fps burst.. and 12 MP... Should I do that or spend the same amount of money on a Canon 100-400 F4.5 L lens to go with the 7D I already have....

I am really stumped here.. I know the 7D combo will be good but its a lot bigger and heavier that the Lumix combo.. I am very unsure whether the GH3 will do what I want in the field as a still camera or is it too biased to video... But I love the lightness and ease of use of the GH1/100-300..

UGH!!!..... Help please

I think only you can really say for sure. Did you see the review of GH3/100-300 used for safari by a pro? http://www.naturalexposures.com/corkboard/testing-panasonics-newest-micro-four-thirds-camera-the-gh3/

That should be able to tell you a fair bit about the capability of the GH3, even though his demands regarding artifacts and high iso might be different than yours.

I have personally chosen the GH2 and 100-300 (bought the camera when it came out) and never looked back, even a basic canon with a 28-300 (?) lens feels heavy compared to my camera with two lenses.

Niels

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow