kaku
Contributing MemberPosts: 612
Like?
Re: NEX6 vs 5n + EV
In reply to ResearchKen, Feb 7, 2013

ResearchKen wrote:

kaku wrote:

ResearchKen wrote:

I actually have a 5n and I've been really thinking about upgrading to the 6 just for the EVF and the built in flash. The 6 wasn't released when I bought my 5n back in October before I left for my honeymoon, so I didn't have the luxury of waiting because of that.

I now know that I would much rather have everything included opposed to detaching and attaching things on and off of my 5n.

You can't go wrong with the NEX 6 and having everything incorporated. But aside from the EVF, you would still need to swap between the external mic and a flash. Unless you get a NEX 7 in which the 7 has a mic-in port. And know that the 5n's mic and flash are not compatible with the 6. So you'll have to buy those additionally.

I haven't done much video with my 5n so the mic accessories don't concern me. I'm just trying to determine if I should sell the 5n with the kit lens to get the 6 or if I'm going to give the 5n to my wife and just get the 6 outright. Decisions decisions...

Keep the 5n (with its 1855 kit lens).  You might find that you like the 1855 over the 1650 -- in which case you could just swap the lens with the wifey (which she might be happier about given the smaller size).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow