Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ResearchKen
Junior MemberPosts: 40Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX6 vs 5n + EV
In reply to kaku, Feb 7, 2013

kaku wrote:

ResearchKen wrote:

I actually have a 5n and I've been really thinking about upgrading to the 6 just for the EVF and the built in flash. The 6 wasn't released when I bought my 5n back in October before I left for my honeymoon, so I didn't have the luxury of waiting because of that.

I now know that I would much rather have everything included opposed to detaching and attaching things on and off of my 5n.

You can't go wrong with the NEX 6 and having everything incorporated. But aside from the EVF, you would still need to swap between the external mic and a flash. Unless you get a NEX 7 in which the 7 has a mic-in port. And know that the 5n's mic and flash are not compatible with the 6. So you'll have to buy those additionally.

I haven't done much video with my 5n so the mic accessories don't concern me.  I'm just trying to determine if I should sell the 5n with the kit lens to get the 6 or if I'm going to give the 5n to my wife and just get the 6 outright.  Decisions decisions...

ResearchKen's gear list:ResearchKen's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N HTC Evo LTE 4G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow