alatchin
Contributing MemberPosts: 759Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus' Toshi Terada discusses the future of Four Thirds and compacts
In reply to Rriley, Feb 7, 2013

Rriley wrote:

pris wrote:

Craig from Nevada wrote:

He talked a lot and said nothing. Really. Now the excitement has died down over the article, reread the article and you will conclude the guy said zero. There could be an E-7 or there could be an adapter. There will be a furor of posts and opinions. The guy should run for office.

The fact that no company ever outlined clear plans and timelines for their next releases, and the (very valid) reasons for that has been pointed out so many times, it's not even funny to go down that road once again. Next argument of course will be "Oh, but other companies didn't abandon.." etc, why not just re-read any of previous makes and remakes instead of killing more innocent pixels. He IS in the office and talks according to its restraints.

Basically, Olympus hasn't done squat for its 4/3rds users in almost 3 years. Why all of the sudden change?

Ummm... because it's time to update a flagship camera, according to 3 years cycle?... And he is saying such update is about to be released?...

as was intended, being the only 43rds body they make 3 yrs is a ridiculous cycle

While 3 years is a long time, I imagine it is partially the upgrade cycle and partially that most resources have been driven into m43rds.

I honestly believe and said before the OMD that m43rds has given olympus the volume for a new sensor etc. The development is there, but I guess they have a life cycle of the E-5 and must stick with it.

Not to be too hopeful, but they could very well have decided a new E-XXX could be on offer with the new bits and bobs and an attractive design... But while many people are upset about the E-XX (which has only seen one body then seemed to die off) the truth is a slightly smaller E-X would suffice, especially if they offer a new E-XXX...

But lets see... I do hope for a tilt and shift sensor

-- hide signature --

Riley
any similarity to persons living or dead is coincidental and unintended
support 1022 Sunday Scapes'

-- hide signature --

“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” -Ansel Adams
blog.alatchinphotography(dot)com

alatchin's gear list:alatchin's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow